20 cups peeled and drained (squeezed extremely well) *Save juice that is squeezed out and freeze in separate containers for chili base.
8 green peppers (options: use red, yellow, purple, banana, or jalapeno also)
4 big onions
6 C. fresh cut off cob Alsum Sweet Corn (about dozen ears)
1C. white vinegar
2 tsp. crushed red pepper spice
4 T. salt
2 tsp. garlic salt
5-6 T. sugar
3 cloves garlic chopped (or buy minced garlic and use 3 tsp.)
2 can black beans
3 small cans tomato paste
Hint: Cut up and chop peppers, onions, corn in advance so its not so intense on day of making it. These keep great overnight in an airtight container in fridge.
1. Peel tomatoes and squeeze juice out measure out 20 cups in a big pot.
2. Add all the rest of the ingredients and cook on stove for 10 minutes (time starts after it comes to a boil on stove).
3. Have jars hot in water on stove and lids and seals in hot( boiling) water in pan on stove as well.
4. Pour hot salsa into a jar, wipe off lid and use hot seal and lid and tightly turn on as much as possible.
5. Place jar on towel and use another towel to cover tops of jars until all jar lids have popped or sealed tightly and let cool before moving.
6. As moving, check and see if seal is airtight, otherwise place in fridge and use first.
Recipe makes 9 quarts or 18 pints.